Thingst to do in Santo Domingo
Santo Domingo, the capital and largest city of the Dominican Republic, is a vibrant and historic city with plenty of things to see and do. Here are just a few ideas for your visit:
- Visit the historic center of the city, the Zona Colonial, which is home to several historic landmarks and buildings, including the Catedral de Santo Domingo, the first cathedral in the New World, and the Alcázar de Colón, a castle-like structure that was once the home of Christopher Columbus’ son Diego.
- Take a stroll along the Malecón, a popular seaside promenade that stretches for several kilometers along the coast. The Malecón is a great place to relax and take in the sights and sounds of the city, and there are plenty of restaurants and cafes along the way where you can grab a bite to eat or a drink.
- Check out the Mercado Modelo, a large market located in the heart of the city. Here you’ll find a wide variety of locally made crafts, souvenirs, and other items.
- Head to the Parque Nacional Los Tres Ojos, a beautiful national park that is home to a series of underground caves and lagoons. These caves are believed to have been formed by underground rivers, and the lagoons are home to a variety of fish and other aquatic life.
- Take a day trip to one of the nearby beaches, such as Boca Chica or Juan Dolio. Both of these beaches are popular destinations for swimming, sunbathing, and other water sports.
No matter what you choose to do, you’re sure to find plenty of things to see and do in Santo Domingo. Whether you’re interested in history, culture, or just relaxing on the beach, this city has something for everyone.
Tags: must see in santo domingo, things to do in santo domingo, top 10 things to do in santo domingo, tourist places in santo domingo, what to do in santo domingo, where to go out in santo domingo